Do you want to validate the existence of a mobile or landline phone? In this post, we provide you with a guide on how to verify if a phone exists, in order for you to obtain a better performance on your Telemarketing actions.
How to know if you need to validate a phone?
It is likely that among your base you have added phones with a mistaken format, but easy to recognize. Besides, it is also likely that some of the phones may have been previously validated, but have changed their status, because of some of the following reasons:
- The user has unsubscribed.
- Landline has become a fax.
- The operator has blocked the mobile phone due to non-payment.
- The mobile phone does not have coverage or is in airplane mode.
- The mobile phone has been ported to another country.
- The mobile phone is in roaming mode.
Surely, you will need to check your phone lists if you are doing a Telemarketing action and get high rates of automatic responses (answering machines) from the operator notifying the terminal does not exist, is off or out of coverage.
How do we know if a phone is valid for an action?
To determine if a phone is valid, you can use different validation methods, such as If:
- It has a valid format.
- Belongs to the numbering plan of an operator.
- It is alive.
- It is found on Robinson list.
- It can receive SMS.
- Has been ported.
To solve the aforementioned points, it is possible to develop an application or to hire a solution that solves it during the data entry of your contact forms, or later by reviewing the existing database.
Besides, with a specialized service, you are able to economize your future calls of Telemarketing actions, avoiding unnecessary calls and detecting fraudulent phones.
How does UProc help you in the validation process?
UProc was born with the goal of providing all the necessary utilities to debug, validate, enrich and unify all your data sources in a centralized and categorized catalog, with multiple data families and typologies.
In the case that you want to validate landline or mobile phones, you can access the Catalog and follow these steps::
- Search for keyword Mobile (you can click on the example to avoid typing) or Phone or type the value to look for as well (the system automatically detects its field type).
- Click on any of the obtained results, such as Mobile exists, Mobile Lookup, Telephone is Robinson o Landline or mobile phone exists.
- You can review the meaning of the property given back by the tool, locating your mouse over the name of the property.
- Finally, you can delete the tool by completing a value in the text square, or clicking on the available examples and pressing the “Try Now” button.
After verifying the value of the service, you can see the result of your request below the entry data.
To easily integrate you can use our API. If you click the link “Show API information” you may find examples in multiple programming languages that your technical team can use to accelerate the integration process with UProc.
Can I validate multiple values with UProc?
To validate multiple emails you have to register and use the Processing Assistant (with which you are able to review your data sources –file, databases or SaaS application) or to make a call to the API.
Do you need a better understanding of what the validation process entails?
You can read our entry about How to treat your data (II): Validation to answer your questions about the validation process.
Besides, we are at your disposal from the chat or the contact form, to address any question or query you might have about the service.