Do you want to know the data and verify an SSL certificate of a domain? In this post, we provide you with a guide on how to easily obtain the data.
What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL certificate provides security to your website and allows any visitor to browse securely, encrypting all communication between the browser and the website.
In that way, nobody can obtain the private data of your visitors on the web while they are browsing.
When do I need an SSL certificate?
You need to a certificate for your site if you want:
- Generate confidence about the website to the visitor.
- Protect the purchases of your online store.
- Protect the completed data in any form.
What is the use of verifying an SSL certificate?
Verifying an SSL certificate allows you to:
- Monitor if it is valid in order to avoid problems on your website.
- Know the domains with which you share the certificate.
- Discover the level of encryption in use.
What data can I obtain from an SSL certificate?
By consulting an SSL certificate you are able to know:
- Domains included.
- Start and end dates of validity.
- Protocol in use.
- Emitting and certifying entity.
- Serial number.
Are the results reliable?
Verifying an SSL certificate implies a direct connection to the requested domain, obtaining the data of the existing certificate, regardless of the protocol, redirects, validity or not…
Therefore, the actual data of the currently installed certificate is always obtained, thus ensuring the availability of the latest existing data.
How does UProc help you in the enrichment process?
UProc was born with the goal of providing all the necessary utilities to debug, validate, enrich and unify all your data sources in a centralized and categorized catalog, with multiple data families and typologies.
In the case that you want to enrich the values of your data sources and obtain the data of an SSL certificateCatalog, you can access the and follow these steps:
- Type “certificate” in the Catalog searcher and press Enter.
- Click on any of the tools found: Domain certificate data, Certificate domain verifier.
- Once in the tool, you can verify any value of your data sources, or consult the available examples, clicking on “Try Now”.
After verifying the value of the service, you can see the result of your request below the entry data, in the “Results” section.
To easily integrate you can use our API. If you click the link “Show API information” you may find examples in multiple programming languages that your technical team can use to accelerate the integration process with UProc.
Can I enrich multiple values with UProc?
To validate multiple emails you have to register and use the Processing Assistant (uploading a file –Excel or CSV-) or to make a call to the API.
Do you need a better understanding of what the enrichment entails?
You can read our entry about How to treat your data (III): Completion , to answer your questions about the validation process.
Besides, we are at your disposal from the chat or the contact form, to address any question or query you might have about the service.